Since construction began on the Sydney Light Rail project in 2015, there have been significant challenges.
CBD and South East Light Rail is a new light rail network for Sydney, currently under construction. The 12km route will feature 19 stops, extending from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Kensington and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Randwick via Alison Road and High Street. We expect ALTRAC to have light rail services running in 2019, with testing along the Randwick section of the network already underway.
– Transport for NSW website
Some facts about the Sydney Light Rail route:
- The route is 12km in length, from Circular Quay to Randwick/Kensington,
- 12,000 people reside along the length of the route,
- 350 businesses operate along the route,
- Initially costed at $1.6billion, the Light Rail is now expected to cost $3.5billion
Light Rail Class Action
With a large number of Businesses now signed up, the Sydney Light Rail Class action is ramping up to begin.
Following the successful gathering of businesses, we are now collecting names and information for residents who wish to pursue a class action suit against Transport for NSW. If this is you, please complete the following Questionnaire.