It’s an incredible and surreal situation when you have an interview at a time that refers to our “Quasi Lockdown” because we all thought that Sydney was only going to be a short sharp lockdown. Here are some interesting points that the incredible Brooke Corte host of 2GB’s Money News:
- That short sharp 3 day lockdowns only help contact tracers and not the spread of COVID19
- We have great contact tracers that were going to sort it all….
- Our capital cities right across Australia were clearly suffering from the sheer weight of time
- Sydney was going to finally face what life was like for Melbournians & Victorians
- Sydney’s CBD went into this temporary lockdown with businesses down by 40% from pre COVID and a 60% vacancy rate.
- For thousands of business owners it already wasn’t viable to stay open, let alone face a forced lockdown
- When the CBD – Central Business District of Sydney was suddenly declared a hot spot it came as a huge shock, we were totally unprepared
The local ecosystem that small businesses operate in and co-exist with big business became so devasted that insolvency issues and permanent termination imminent for many.
The final thought is this: how do they ever make up for what they have lost?