Small businesses in Australia SUFFER through OUTRAGEOUS amounts of red-tape in any given week.
- The Small Business Party believes all basic ASIC searches should be free of charge. Small businesses need to check who they are actually working with and shouldn’t have to pay a fee every time. Not checking is a threat to small business.
- We will review why any level of Government charges for services vital to running a small business.
- We will remove annual business registration fees – but keep compliance.
- Regulators should not be profit centres. They are a public service that our taxes already pay for.
- The costs of meeting compliance is estimated at a STAGGERING $58,000 per year!
- Recent data from the IPA shows that we have had an enormous increase in legislation over the past decade*
- Data also shows that larger corporations use their size and influence to push for compliance changes which SCREW OVER the little guys.
- Government has a responsibility to protect small businesses and ensure we can thrive – we are the heart and soul of this nation, employing roughly half of the workforce.
*Researchers use the change in the number of pages of legislation as the marker for changes in red tape levels